Friday, December 09, 2011

Sunny day & sketch of my younger son

"Sunny day"
46 x 72 cm
Oil on linen canvas, 2011

Its a snow blizzard outside so I escaped the reality by browsing thru some reference photos from the summer.
I took a bit looser style with this one and used a lot of paint!
Super fun!

"Nap"

I got this 100 years old frame from my mother in law. The frame needed a lot of restoring and I also painted it totally black. It also needed a custom sized canvas that I streched in it.
It was fun experiment to paint directly to already framed canvas.

3 comments:

William R. Moore said...

Antti,
Both of these are really wonderful paintings.The first reminds me of Sorolla.

jesusest@gmail.com said...

both paintings are beautiful, I love the brush work.Cheers.

Antti Rautiola said...

Thank you very much William and Jesus!
I am a huge fan of Sorolla´s work and I think he had a remarkable skill (along with Zorn) to succesfully capture the essence of moving water.